Friday 5 July 2013

Review | Clarins BB Skin Perfecting Cream



Like most of the beauty blogging community I have tried a variety of BB creams to see which ones work best for me. I was kindly sent the Clarins BB Cream* to try out and give my opinion on.

Let me start off by saying this is probably my favourite BB cream I have tried and has given me the best result, exactly how I would want a BB cream to be. Clarins BB Cream is available in three shades but unlike other BB Creams they run a little on the darker side. Anyone with a fairer skin tone may find it hard to wear even the lightest shade as it in my opinion would be more of a medium as they have quite a orange undertone. Don't fret when I say this as when you blend it in the orange tone fades. Lucky for me although I'm fair I have a slight olive tone so I can just pull off the lightest shade which is the one I have tested.

Clarins BB Cream claims to even skin tone, revitalize and protect the skin. It has '3-D Radiance' pigments for a radiant, smooth and even complexion with blemish free coverage. Organic Kiwi Extract for vitality and radiance. A combination of katafray and hyaluronic acid, this helps to restore the skin's water reserves for additional softness and comfort. An anti-pollution complex developed by Clarins to act as a mineral-based, 100% UVB/UVA radiation filter with anti-radical tocopherol.

With summer on it's way (and by the July forecast we really are finally going to have a summer!) BB creams and tinted moisturisers are exactly what I am after as wearing a foundation for me, unless it's a light coverage is just a bit too much for my skin to handle. An added bonus is that it's got a SPF25 so that's my sun care covered although I do tend to wear a moisturiser with a SPF also.

Overall I love this BB cream and is definitely the one I'm reaching for on my days off from work or when I don't feel like wearing a fuller coverage foundation. I would recommend this for anyone with a olive skin tone and darker as the shades do tend to run on the darker side. 10/10.

The Clarins BB Skin Perfecting Cream is available from Boots and costs £28 for 30ml.



1 lovelies have something to say:

  1. This sounds great, but I'm afraid my skin is too fair. Maybe this would work for me in summer, when I get more tanned :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment!